Part-time and Full-time roles available.
Reports to: Studio Director
- Shared responsibility for the success of Smashbox Studios Café/Coffee Bar
- Elevate and uphold the Smashbox Studios brand, industry position and culture as the top fashion/commercial studio and event space in LA.
- Follows all company drink recipes and procedures while maintaining the highest quality, consistent product standards
- Develops an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the various differences in flavor and blends and stays current with coffee and tea culture and trends.
- Greets all clients with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names/favorite drinks etc.
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Reports any customer complaints to management.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and/or keeps track of customer open tabs throughout the day.
- Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Always ensures highest standards of quality in drink preparation and proper food safety handling techniques
- Responsible for all café ordering (paper goods, coffee beans, milk, teas etc.) or alerting management of any products needing to be ordered.
- Routinely cleans the bar area, lobby floor, café tables and chairs, back of house and general café area.
- Daily maintenance of all café machines (espresso machine, grinder, coffee brewer, ice machine and all fridges/freezer.
- Maintains positive company morale and professional attitude.
- May work special events, as needed.
- Runs errands, when needed, to pick up supplies and/or product.
- Must have positive/friendly personality and a presentable appearance.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have a food handlers certificate
- Experience keeping track of inventory and replenishing stock
- Must have knowledge of working a semi automatic espresso machine and milk steaming techniques. Latte art a plus!
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
About Smashbox Studios
Smashbox Studios is a premier photo and film studio in Los Angles that regularly hosts photo shoots, film shoots and events for photographers, producers and celebrities. Davis and Dean Factor, great-grandsons of Hollywood cosmetics legend Max Factor, founded Smashbox Studios in 1990. The enterprise expanded to include a photo studio, modeling agency and production company. Born out of the Studio, Smashbox Cosmetics launched in 1996.
About Industrial Color Brands
Industrial Color Brands partners with top brands, agencies, and creative professionals providing a full range of essential production services. For over 25 years, Industrial Color Brands has led the industry by delivering innovative, state-of-the-art digital production and post-production solutions to our clients.
Our group of vertically integrated companies – Industrial Color, Smashbox Studios, Click 3X and globaledit – offers end-to-end services including e-Commerce photo studio facilities, on-site photo production, photo and video capture, retouching, post-production, and creative workflow solutions. We serve all categories including fashion, retail, advertising, media and entertainment worldwide.