Night Stage Manager - Smashbox Studios
Please include a list of clients and / or photographers previously worked with when submitting resume.
Location: Smashbox Studios, Culver City
The Night Stage manager reports to the Grip Room Manager and is responsible for providing outstanding front line service to all Company clients. The Night Stage manager is responsible for safely and efficiently loading and unloading any and all gear from the stages.
- Interact with clients while providing the highest level of service
- Overseeing equipment needs in assigned studios throughout the duration of the shoot
- Un-packing and re-packing the studio for the following day’s shoots.
- Accurately and efficiently pulling lighting and grip orders and staging in studio in an organized manner
- Checking and testing all grip and lighting equipment to ensure proper functioning prior to client use
- Working with clients throughout the day during check-out and check-in process of grip and lighting equipment at the studio or on location
- Update orders in the billing system
- Creating stock checks and short lists to establish and maintain accurate inventory counts
- Communicating customer requests, order changes, and/ or paperwork specifications to management
- Properly assessing and completing minor repairs to equipment
- Maintaining a clean work area at all times
- Ensuring that all sub-rented gear is picked up from and returned to the correct vendors
- Quickly executing all other duties as assigned by management
- Driving as needed to pickup/drop off for clients or sub vendors
- Help maintain facilities as well as helping on any general ad hoc projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of high-end customer service requirements
- Detailed, organized and expert at multitasking
- Professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Ability to work with discretion and to protect client privacy
- Ability to work early/late hours and/or on weekends as needed
- Ability to prioritize and effective time-management skills
About Smashbox Studios
Smashbox Studios is a premier photo and film studio in Los Angles that regularly hosts photo shoots, film shoots and events for photographers, producers and celebrities. Davis and Dean Factor, great-grandsons of Hollywood cosmetics legend Max Factor, founded Smashbox Studios in 1990. The enterprise expanded to include a photo studio, modeling agency and production company. Born out of the Studio, Smashbox Cosmetics launched in 1996.