New York, NY 10013
globaledit is looking for a passionate Devops Engineer to join our team in Tribeca.
We are a leading provider of a powerful SaaS platform that optimizes and accelerates creative production. The company is Private Equity-backed, based in New York City, and has approximately 30 employees. Our Clients include over 90 of the leading fashion brands, retailers, and entertainment companies
- including Under Armour, L.L. Bean, Showtime, and CBS. We're part of Industrial Color brands, a family of creative production companies. Check out our video: https://vimeo.com/91347892
Industrial Color Software’s Engineering team is responsible for building, maintaining, and extending our existing SAAS offerings, in addition to the architectural design and construction of new AWS infrastructure as we continue to grow in the market.
As a DevOps Engineer you’ll be in charge of the overall stability and performance of our existing datacenter, which hosts a VMware and Docker based environment, while developing our new AWS hosted platform utilizing EC2, ECS, VPC, and more. You will design and manage our Jenkins / Cloud Formation deployment methodologies, employing continuous integration and release management practices for timely and stable builds. You will be instrumental in managing and designing our systems health monitors and load scaling triggers, seamless environment deployment transitions, and our disaster recovery solutions. You will support with the development and QA teams to provide scalable regression and unit testing environments that fulfill our SLA requirements for uptime and usability.
We look forward to partnering with you to accomplish these tasks and others.
- Work closely with the Development, QA, and Product teams to design strategic and cost-effective infrastructure environments.
- Manage the AWS tagging and identification of services to appropriately track costs against services and client usage.
- Work with the IT team to effectively implement security and redundancy initiatives within a Change Management System.
- Continue to optimize and extend our deployment methodologies to encompass new requirements and opportunities making the systems more reliable and resilient.
- Manage and maintain our Kanban DevOps board to highlight potential risks and opportunities to the necessary stakeholders (technical, product, and executive).
- Own and evolve our monitoring, alerting, and visualization/graphing systems.
- Coordinate deployment requirements across disparate systems when required.
- Create and maintain our supporting technical documentation such as flowcharts diagrams, and internal Confluence articles.
- Constant attention to uptime and availability across all of our systems and services.
- 5+ years managing diverse DevOps workloads, across infrastructure, administration, deployment, development support and monitoring.
- Windows AD administration experience, including centralized patch/update management, service accounts, multi-domain permissions, and High-availability failover systems.
- Linux administration experience, including High Availability, SELinux tools, Centos, Core, and patch management.
- Extensive experience in managing and deploying environments in Amazon Web Services.
- Extensive containerization, orchestration, and service discovery experience on both Windows and Linux hosts, using docker and/or ECS.
- Extensive experience with Git and ECR (or Git Repo), including branching, tagging, merging, and release management.
- Experience managing NFS and SMB permissions and mounts across a heterogeneous environment.
- Ability to multi-task easily and juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong inclination to learn new technologies and explain the differences and opportunities to technical and nontechnical team members.
- Experience managing Jenkins / Chef / Cloud Formation as well as permissions systems like AD and LDAP.
- Experience managing and maintaining ElasticSearch infrastructure and clustering, both as a part of an ELK stack as well as an application data source.
- Computer Science or Math background is a plus.
- We utilize C# for our main development work as well as the services MS SQL, MSMQ, ElasticSearch, Jenkins and Chef, so any experience either troubleshooting or managing those languages and services would be a large plus.
- Experience with digital content (images, videos, etc) is a plus.
- Certifications in AWS and the Microsoft Certified System Engineer designation are big pluses.
Highly completive compensation; benefits; Tribeca NY location
globaledit is an innovative SaaS platform that efficiently manages digital photography and video. The software was created to provide a simple, powerful tool to streamline the creative process from capture to distribution, over the web or using the powerful mobile app. Creative companies can work in the cloud-based platform from anywhere and can collaborate to make markups, selects, approvals, and automate workflow. globaledit is used by leading brands across all industries such as Victoria's Secret, Disney, Warner Brothers, New York & Co, Showtime, and NBC Universal.
About Industrial Color Brands
Industrial Color Brands partners with top brands, agencies, and creative professionals providing a full range of essential production services. For over 25 years, Industrial Color Brands has lead the industry by delivering innovative, state-of-the-art digital production and post-production solutions to our clients.
Our group of vertically integrated companies – Industrial Color Studios, Fast Ashleys Studios, Smashbox Studios, Industrial Color, Impact Digital, and globaledit – offers end-to-end services including eCommerce photo studio facilities, photo and video capture, retouching, post-production, and creative workflow solutions. We serve the fashion, retail, advertising, media and entertainment industries worldwide.