globaledit is looking for a passionate Devops to join our team. We are a leading provider of a
powerful SaaS platform that optimizes and accelerates creative production. The company is
Private Equity-backed, based in New York City, and has approximately 30 employees. Our
Clients include over 90 of the leading fashion brands, retailers, and entertainment companies
- including Under Armour, L.L. Bean, Showtime, and CBS. We're part of Industrial Color
brands, a family of creative production companies. Check out our
Industrial Color Software’s Engineering team is responsible for building, maintaining, and extending
our existing SAAS offerings, in addition to the architectural design and construction of new AWS
infrastructure as we continue to grow in the market. As a DevOps Engineer you’ll be in charge of the
overall stability and performance of our existing datacenter, which hosts a VMware and Docker based
environment, while developing our new AWS hosted platform utilizing EC2, ECS, VPC, and more. You
will design and manage our Jenkins / Cloud Formation deployment methodologies, employing
continuous integration and release management practices for timely and stable builds. You will be
instrumental in managing and designing our systems health monitors and load scaling triggers,
seamless environment deployment transitions, and our disaster recovery solutions. You will support
with the development and QA teams to provide scalable regression and unit testing environments that
fulfill our SLA requirements for uptime and usability. We look forward to partnering with you to
accomplish these tasks and others.
- Work closely with the Development, QA, and Product teams to design strategic and cost-effective infrastructure environments.
- Manage the AWS tagging and identification of services to appropriately track costs against services and client usage.
- Work with the IT team to effectively implement security and redundancy initiatives within a Change Management System.
- Continue to optimize and extend our deployment methodologies to encompass new requirements and opportunities making the systems more reliable and resilient.
- Manage and maintain our Kanban DevOps board to highlight potential risks and opportunities to the necessary stakeholders (technical, product, and executive).
- Own and evolve our monitoring, alerting, and visualization/graphing systems.
- Coordinate deployment requirements across disparate systems when required.
- Create and maintain our supporting technical documentation such as flowcharts diagrams, and internal Confluence articles.
- Constant attention to uptime and availability across all of our systems and services.
- 5+ years managing diverse DevOps workloads, across infrastructure, administration, deployment, development support and monitoring.
- Windows AD administration experience, including centralized patch/update management, service accounts, multi-domain permissions, and High-availability failover systems.
- Linux administration experience, including High Availability, SELinux tools, Centos, Core, and patch management.
- Extensive experience in managing and deploying environments in Amazon Web Services.
- Extensive containerization, orchestration, and service discovery experience on both Windows and Linux hosts, using docker and/or ECS.
- Extensive experience with Git and ECR (or Git Repo), including branching, tagging, merging, and release management.
- Experience managing NFS and SMB permissions and mounts across a heterogeneous environment.
- Ability to multi-task easily and juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong inclination to learn new technologies and explain the differences and opportunities to technical and nontechnical team members.
- Experience managing Jenkins / Chef / Cloud Formation as well as permissions systems like AD and LDAP.
- Experience managing and maintaining ElasticSearch infrastructure and clustering, both as a part of an ELK stack as well as an application data source.
- Computer Science or Math background is a plus.
- We utilize C# for our main development work as well as the services MS SQL, MSMQ, ElasticSearch, Jenkins and Chef, so any experience either troubleshooting or managing those languages and services would be a large plus.
- Experience with digital content (images, videos, etc) is a plus.
- Certifications in AWS and the Microsoft Certified System Engineer designation are big pluses.