Reports to: Group CEO
Location: New York, NY
About Industrial Color Brands
Industrial Color Brands partners with top brands, agencies, and creative professionals providing a full range of essential production services. For over 25 years, Industrial Color Brands has lead the industry by delivering innovative, state-of-the-art digital production and post-production solutions to our clients.
Our group of vertically integrated companies – Industrial Color Studios, Fast Ashleys Studios, Smashbox Studios, Industrial Color, Impact Digital, and globaledit – offers end-to-end services including eCommerce photo studio facilities, photo and video capture, retouching, post-production, and creative workflow solutions. We serve the fashion, retail, advertising, media and entertainment industries worldwide.
Industrial Color Brands’ internal Contracts Lawyer will lead and provide counsel in a variety of areas, with a focus on technology contracts (SaaS licensing, e-commerce and hardware purchases/leases), new media and video production for our group of integrated companies and future acquisitions.
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret a variety of customer and vendor agreements, including but not limited to master service agreements, statements of work, consulting agreements, NDAs, intellectual property, leases and technology contracts, and other service agreements.
- Provide technology and intellectual property law advice and counsel to internal business teams.
- Identify risks inherent in contract terms and develop solutions to complex problems that mitigate risk and promote successful contract execution.
- Lead contract negotiations on complex transactions to support the business in meeting its goals and protecting the company's interests.
- Monitor changes in applicable laws, prepare updates and communicate with relevant business leaders to keep them abreast of developments that might impact ICB’s corporate policies and business processes.
- Advise on all employment law issues (including employee relations matters and employment policies), working in partnership with the Human Resources team.
- Build and maintain legal documentation repository.
Successful applicants must have:
- Ability to proactively communicate issues to management and drive good business, legal and operational processes throughout the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize a high volume of work and independently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to respond resourcefully to shifting priorities and work effectively under tight time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Business acumen and experience handling legal discussions to promote business growth.
- Comfortable managing outside counsel in specialized areas, as appropriate holding advisors accountable for their work
- 2 to 5 years of experience with a well-respected, high-profile firm; previous in-house experience a plus
- Membership in the New York state bar (required); California a plus