Freelance Assistant Stylist
Industrial Color Studios
The Assistant Stylist, will work side-by-side with the stylists and merch coordinator to collaboratively produce great photography, styled and merchandised according the client style guides. They are developing their craft and should have a strong desire to learn their client’s brand and make suggestions to evolve it. They will work with the merch coordinator to un-pack, prepare merchandise for photography, manage the to shoot rack, get models dressed and ensure the stylist has all styling pieces/necessary information. The Assistant Stylist should have a love for the fashion and retail industries and a passion to coordinate garments and accessories with the intention of creating consumer demand to purchase. They will be able to take direction and thrive in a fast-paced studio environment and required to think through problems to arrive at quick decisions.
- Coordinate apparel and merchandise product.
- Support lead stylist on set at all times
- Apply knowledge of current industry trends.
- Unpack and transport product to sets.
- Prepare product for photography by steaming, ironing, assembling, cleaning and styling.
- Return completed product to proper location.
- Ensure garments, accessories and styling supplies are cleaned and organized after every shoot.
- Study and learn client styling guides and procedures.
- Understand client brand(s) differentiators and tailor skills to fit that visual style
- 1-3 years of professional fashion styling and/or merchandising.
- Strong styling judgment and sense of fashion.
- Ability to recognize styling trends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive and tactful attitude.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Knowledge of the Macintosh operating systems.
- Familiar with basic office productivity software (MS Word, Excel, email, etc.)
- Familiar with photography and video production
About Industrial Color Studios
Industrial Color Studios, a division of Industrial Color Brands, is the leading eCommerce photography production studios, with location in New York City, NY, King Of Prussia, PA and Los Angeles, CA. Industrial Color Brands partners with top brands, agencies, and creative professionals providing a full range of essential production services. Our group of vertically integrated companies – Industrial Color Studios, Fast Ashleys Studios, Smashbox Studios, Industrial Color, Impact Digital, and globaledit – offers end-to-end services including Studio and eq. rental, eCommerce photo and video production, photo and video capture, retouching, post-production, and creative workflow solutions. We serve the fashion, retail, advertising, media and entertainment industries worldwide.