Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
New York, NY 10013
globaledit is looking for a passionate Senior Backend Engineer to join our team in Tribeca.
We are a leading provider of a powerful SaaS platform that optimizes and accelerates creative production. The company is Private Equity-backed, based in New York City, and has approximately 30 employees. Our Clients include over 90 of the leading fashion brands, retailers, and entertainment companies- including Under Armour, L.L. Bean, Showtime, and CBS. We're part of Industrial Color brands, a family of creative production companies.
Check out our video: https://vimeo.com/91347892
Globaledit’s Engineering team is responsible for building, maintaining, and extending our existing SAAS offerings, in addition to the architectural design and construction of new AWS infrastructure as we continue to grow in the market.
As a Senior Backend engineer you will be responsible for: building Web API for the next version of Globaledit product, troubleshooting current production issues, collaborating with front-end, QA and product teams, migrating legacy application to AWS cloud and being a Scrum developer on a daily basis.
We look forward to partnering with you to accomplish these tasks and others.
- Build Web API for the next version of Globaledit
- Collaborate with Frontend team in order to deliver optimized UI/UX
- Collaborate with Product team in order to hit key milestones
- Collaborate with QA in order to improve quality and performance of deliverables
- Help support team with technical analysis of the production issues
- Be brave when you are about to face legacy code, project and architecture
- Be an active contributor of a team that is responsible for cloud migration project
- Help to re-architect current monolithic application
- Bring AWS expertise in-house
- Follow book-based Scrum and deliver product increments after each Sprint
- Invest in your team members through trainings/workshops/hackathons
- 10+ years of .Net/C# hands on experience (you need to know how garbage collector works)
- 3+ years of AWS hands on experience
- Deep knowledge of Design Patterns and Cloud Patterns
- Linux development experience
- .Net Core Docker experience
- React JS <-> Web API integration experience
- Experience with container orchestration tools like AWS ECS, Kubernetes, or Docker Swarm preferred
- Strong knowledge of key AWS components (AWS API Gateway, Amazon SNS, SQS, Batch, Aurora, Lambda, Step Functions, DynamoDB)
- Fluent with AWS Serverless Stack
- Experience using and tracking your progress in VSTS
- Extensive experience with Git including branching, tagging, merging, and release management
- Experience working with Big Data and High Load applications
- Ability to multi-task easily and juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with the Agile development methodology
- A passion for ownership and technical perfection
- Experience migrating legacy private cloud solution to modern cloud-based environment is a plus
- Experience with digital content (images, videos, etc.) is a plus
- Aspera experience is a big plus
- Certifications in AWS and the Microsoft Certified Professional Developer designation are big pluses
globaledit is an innovative SaaS platform that efficiently manages digital photography and video. The software was created to provide a simple, powerful tool to streamline the creative process from capture to distribution, over the web or using the powerful mobile app. Creative companies can work in the cloud-based platform from anywhere and can collaborate to make markups, selects, approvals, and automate workflow. globaledit is used by leading brands across all industries such as Victoria's Secret, Disney, Warner Brothers, New York & Co, Showtime, and NBC Universal.
About Industrial Color Brands
Industrial Color Brands partners with top brands, agencies, and creative professionals providing a full range of essential production services. For over 25 years, Industrial Color Brands has lead the industry by delivering innovative, state-of-the-art digital production and post-production solutions to our clients.
Our group of vertically integrated companies – Industrial Color Studios, Smashbox Studios, Click3X, Invodo, Industrial Color, and globaledit – offers end-to-end services including eCommerce photo studio facilities, photo and video capture, retouching, post-production, and creative workflow solutions.
We serve the fashion, retail, advertising, media and entertainment industries worldwide.