Desktop Support Technician
Industrial Color is looking for a talented Desktop Support Technician. The role of the Desktop Support Technician is to provide front line user support of our internal and external systems and services.
As a member of our IT team, you will be responsible for supporting laptops, desktops, telephony, printers, networking, VPN, server and desktop hardware, operating systems (primarily Mac OSX), client applications, and email (Google Apps Experience a plus). Ideal candidates are those motivated to deliver white glove customer service within a fast paced and complex environment, ideally with experience in a creative company or environment.
Job-Related Experience/ Skills/ Competencies
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming service tickets from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies
- A solid understanding of IT infrastructure (networking, telephony, Macs, PCs, mobile devices)
- Diagnose and resolve hardware problems; such as desktop and laptop computers, printers, cabling, and telephones
- Knowledge of basic internet protocols (FTP, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, TCP, etc.)
- Contact software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products
- Knowledge of Storage platforms (NAS, SAN, etc.)
- Install computers, software, and peripheral equipment
- Extensive knowledge of MAC setup and management
- Apple,PC and mobile device hardware/image and set-up configuration knowledge & experience
- Broad technology skills and knowledge from a support perspective
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with SaaS systems is a plus (Google Apps for Business, Salesforce,...)
- Excellent organization, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Installation of new equipment to fulfill IT requirements for individual users.
- Must be able to install, uninstall and troubleshoot MAC applications.
- Must be able to install, uninstall and troubleshoot peripheral devices such as printers, scanner, voice over IP telephones, fax machines, etc.
- Assist users in the setup and configuration of computer hardware and software, heavily focused on Apple devices.
- Perform scheduled hardware and software upgrades.
- Provide remote technical assistance to users.
- Update operating systems with correct drivers and service packs.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and perform tasks assigned.
- Must be physically fit to carry computer equipment to include CPUs, monitors, printers, scanners and other peripheral equipment between locations
Competitive benefits, salary and compensation dependent upon experience.
Please respond with your cover letter, references, resume and salary history.
Industrial Color is a division of Industrial Color Brands, a family of integrated creative production companies. Industrial Color Brands partners with top brands, agencies, and creative professionals providing a full range of essential production services. For over 25 years, we've lead the industry through a culture of innovation, bringing state-of-the-art digital production and post-production solutions to our clients.
Our headquarters is based in Tribeca, NY, with offices in Los Angeles and studios in Williamsburg (Brooklyn). Some of our clients: Publicis, McCann Worldgroup, BBDO, Procter & Gamble, Wieden & Kennedy, Tommy Hilfiger, Absolut Vodka, Nike, Grey Worldwide, J. Walter Thompson, L’Oreal, Vogue, GQ, and V Magazine.